“dedicated to staging insightful entertainment, particularly in non-traditional venues”
Experience in program development and implementation in a wide range of disciplines, long-range planning, public relations, marketing, fund-raising, budgeting and human resource management (including volunteers). Energetic and effective organizer of arts and community-related events, primarily within the non-profit sector.
Established in memory of Francis H. Curtin (1912-2001),
HIGHLIGHTS OF CONSULTANT WORK IN ARTS ADMINISTRATION
- marycurtinproductions (www.marycurtinproductions.com): sole proprietor, dedicated to staging insightful entertainment particularly in non-traditional venues. Current affiliations (in alpha order): ArtsFuse [2016+, special events coordinator]; Charlestown Branch Library [2002+, pro bono PR & event programming for the Friends of the Library/serves on the Friends’ Board of Directors as Chair of Cultural Programs]; Dirty Water Brass Band [2010+, founding member, band liaison, event coordinator]; HONK! Festival [2006+, PR & audience development]; John Coltrane Memorial Concert [2007+, PR, marketing, audience development & program planning/serves on the Advisory Board for the Friends of JCMC]; Morningside Music Studio [2015+, occasional PR & audience development]; and Musketaquid Arts & Environment [2012+, Earth Day talent coordinator & occasional PR].
- Over time, marycurtinproductions has also worked with scores of individual visual and performing artists including: blues artists David Maxwell and Dwight & Nicole; performance artists Reverend Billy, Margo Lee Sherman, Jed Speare, Milan Kohout, and Evan Brenner; choreographers / dancers Marjorie Morgan and Caitlin Corbett; jazz artists Charlie Kohlhase, Ken Field and the Revolutionary Snake Ensemble, Anthony Weller, Dan Fox, Mimi Rabson, and Billy Novick; playwrights Barry Brodsky, Ernest Thompson, and Joanne Schultz; sculptor Donald Shambroom; and master puppeteers Paul Zaloom and Peter Schumann.
- Within recent years, marycurtinproductions has also been affiliated with (in alpha order): Aardvark Jazz Orchestra [2009-2013, audience development]; Arlington Public Art [2016, PR]; Bread and Puppet Theater [1990-2016, Boston-area producer (also NYC producer 2012-2014), including PR, audience development & volunteer coordinator]; Daniel McCusker Dance Projects [2007-2012, PR & audience development]; Foot A Push Entertainment [2014-2019, occasional event producer]; Ford Hall Forum [2005-2014, audience development & PR]; Fort Point Theatre Channel [2012-2018, occasional PR & marketing consultant]; JazzBoston’s Jazz Week [2007-2010, PR & audience development/former Board member/currently serving on the Advisory Council]; National Puppetry Festival [2015, PR, audience development]; Nave Gallery [2013-2016, occasional special events assistance]; Pierre Menard Gallery [2007-2011, PR, audience development, & event consultant for specific projects]; Prometheus Dance [2007-2017, occasional PR & audience development]; Second Line Social Aid & Pleasure Society Brass Band [2004-2009, founding member & former band liaison]; Sokolow Dance Theatre [2010-2013, PR & audience development]; Stoneham Theatre [2007-2008, audience development/2010-2011, PR, marketing]; and Studio Soto [2009-2010, Asst. Director].
- Other affiliations (in alpha order) to emphasize range of client disciplines represented: Aladdin Auto Repair Gallery (2007 & 2013, PR); Artisans’ World Gallery (2005, PR); Brickbottom District Open Studios (2007, PR & event consultant); Brickbottom Gallery (2006-2007, occasional PR for special projects); Chelsea Theatre Works (2004, audience development consultant); Design that Matters, Inc. (2007-2008, PR); Emerson College Theatre Department (2005-2006, PR); Fenway Open Studios (2007, PR & event consultant); Great Small Works (2006, audience development); Huntington Theatre Company (2006, PR); Java Kawistara! Dance Theater (2006, PR); Jazz Thursdays at Vernissage (2007-2008, media consultant & PR for specific projects); Lily Pad (2007-2008, Annual Piano Festival PR); McIntyre & Moore Booksellers (2001-2008, PR & event programming); Mobius (2007, ArtRages fundraiser PR); New Renaissance Literary Magazine (2006, PR); Pilgrim Theatre Research and Performance Collaborative (2006-2007, PR & audience development); Puppet Showplace Theater (2005-2018, occasional PR & audience development coordinator); Somerville Open Studios (2007-2008, member of transition team & SOS Event Coordinator, including PR, audience development, & volunteer coordinator); The Theater Offensive (2006, audience development for special project); 38 Cameron Gallery (2005, PR); Women’s Actions for New Directions (2007, WAND’s 25th Anniversary PR & event consultant); and Zeitgeist Gallery (2002-2006, PR/2002-2010, served on Board of Directors).
- Primary focus on providing services (oftentimes on a sliding scale) in the areas of program development, press, marketing, and audience development. Have also served on the Cambridge Arts Council Peer Grant Review Panel (2005 & 2008 for Music & Literature) and The Moving Laboratory Advisory Committee (2003-2005).