- Interim Executive Director of the Ford Hall Forum (www.fordhallforum.org), established in 1908 as a champion of free speech and the First Amendment. Their free programs, open to all, examine a broad range of topics and provide a vehicle for discussion and debate. This interim position was created to help facilitate the strategic planning process and to implement the 2005 spring season. Duties included: all necessary PR, marketing, audience development, and fiscal monitoring for external programming; coordinating all internal communications; and participating in the 2005 fall season planning process.
- Event Manager/Program Planner at Old South Meeting House (www.oldsouthmeetinghouse.org), a Boston historic landmark recognized as a haven for free speech and assembly. In 2004-2005, responsible for initiating, developing and marketing new cultural programs. This temporary position, created to assist with departmental transitions due to budget constraints, was developed after having served in 2003 as Old South’s Interim Director of Events and Marketing, a position held during the director’s pregnancy leave.
- Audience Development Associate for Jimmy Tingle’s OFF BROADWAY Theater (www.jimmytingle.com), a supportive multi-use venue for both established and aspiring performers and productions. In 2003-2004, assisted in developing and executing marketing strategies on an as-needed basis.
- Interim Marketing Associate for World Music/CRASHarts (www.worldmusic.org), a premier presenter of global culture, featuring music and dance from the far and near corners of the globe. In 2002-2003, provided support in all press, advertising and audience development initiatives during the associate’s pregnancy leave.
REGULAR EMPLOYMENT HISTORY (PRIOR TO 2003)
- Mobius, Inc., Boston, MA, 2000-2002 (www.mobius.org)
Communications Director. An artist-run center for experimental work in all media. Responsible for all press and audience development initiatives, assisting in advocacy work for artists in the Fort Point Channel area of Boston, and collaborating with the Director and Mobius Artists Group members on program planning and implementation. Provided information and referral services to a growing community of artists attempting to break new ground.
- Massachusetts College of Art Library, Boston, MA, 1988-1999 (www.massart.edu)
Various managerial positions: Acting Library Director, Associate Director of Public Service and Academic Outreach, Library Computer Systems Coordinator (tenured); also served as a MSCA Union Representative and Chair of the Affirmative Action Committee.
- Other art-related experience: Arts Administrator (WolfWorks Dance Company, TheatreWorks, Charlestown Working Theater), Theater Director (“Parlor Performances,” Bread and Puppet Circus Side-Shows, Mobius, The News Sharks, The Flock Theater), Performing Artist (Invisible Cities Group, “Parlor Performances,” Bread and Puppet Theater, Mobius, Studebaker Movement Theatre Co., Theatre S., Semaphore Dancetheatre, Seachange Dance Ensemble, Theatre des Ombres Chinoises, Dragon Dance Theatre, Ninots Folk Theatre, Flock Theater, The News Sharks, Charlestown Working Theater, Nucleo Eclettico, Northeast Kingdom Puppet Theater, TheaterWorks), Musician (Dirty Water Brass Band, Bread and Puppet Theater, Second Line Social Aid and Pleasure Society Brass Band, Ninots Folk Theatre Band, John Purcell Jazz Ensemble, Cheek to Cheek Swing Orchestra, John Payne Session Bands, Festival of Light and Song, University of New Mexico Concert Band, Music Makers Session Band)
- Other employment experience: Professional Computer Systems and Technical Services Librarian (Emerson College Library, Boston, MA), Promptbook Organizer (Harvard Theatre Collection, Cambridge, MA), Bookseller (Barnes and Noble, Boston, MA, and Page 1, Albuquerque, NM), Paraprofessional Librarian (MassArt, Habitat Institute for the Environment, Bunker Hill Community College, Norwich University), Elementary School Teacher (Barre Town and Williamstown, VT), Tour Guide/ Taxi Driver (Island Tours, Nantucket, MA)
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS: Stage Source, Small Theatre Alliance of Boston, Boston Women in Media & Entertainment
- M.A./Theatre Arts, Emerson College, Boston, MA
Thesis: A Thesaurus of Theatre/Drama Descriptors, designed for the Online International Bibliography of Theatre, Theatre Research Center, Brooklyn College, NY. Major emphasis on Theatre Collections and Theatre Management. Promptbook and classification work at the Harvard Theatre Collection.
- M.S./Information Science, Simmons College, GLSLIS, Boston, MA
Focus on information storage and retrieval, grant writing and legislation.
- A.B./English, Merrimack College, No. Andover, MA
- Other: Certificates in Graphic Design (University of New Mexico, Albuquerque); Performing Arts Management Institute (PAMI, NYC); EPDA Teacher Training (State of Vermont)